Striving for a unity of direction is characteristic of any good team, and the officer team has charted a direction for the 2012-2013 year with a set of State Chapter Goals. The goals were developed to complement the structure of the Strategic Plan categories. In developing your own local chapter's goals for the year, please include items that will help the state chapter achieve its goals for the year.
We will update this page throughout the year to give members a look at the progress in achieving each of these goals. Below each goal will be an area labeled Status, which will be updated as we accomplish tasks that lead to the fulfillment of the goal. Goals that have not been completed will show the status in red. Goals completed will show the status and results in green text. Please assist your state chapter and let us all prove that...
NCPBL IS IGNITING INNOVATION IN 2012-2013!
CHAPTER DEVELOPMENT / MARKETING GOALS
1. To provide recruitment materials that can be adapted/used by local chapters.
STATUS: In progress. Developing and creating recruitment materials.
2. To sponsor a "President's Award" at the Fall Leadership Development Conference (FLDC) for the best theme-related display of membership recruitment materials used by a chapter (judged by the State Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) and The NCPBL Professional-Division Foundation, Inc. presidents and a designated Vice President.)
3. To conduct a "Best Seats in the House" program recognizing new and reactivated chapters at Thursday night's session and chapters with an increase of 10 or more members at Friday night's session at the State Leadership Conference (SLC).
4. To contact colleges concerning reactivating/chartering; goal of at least three additional chapters.
STATUS: In progress. Contacting colleges and college presidents throughout the state.
5. To market PBL to Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) chapters by Council members attending FBLA local and state meetings to distribute materials and offer assistance.
STATUS: In progress. Working with local FBLA chapters and the NCFBLA state officers.
6. To exchange Web links with FBLA (Facebook, Newsletter, Web sites, etc.)
STATUS: In progress. Working with the NCFBLA State President.
7. To increase state membership to 750.
STATUS: In progress. Recruiting members in local chapters across the state.
8. To promote FBLA-PBL Week and Adviser Recognition Day activities at the FLDC and on the Web site.
1. To assist The NCPBL Professional Division-Foundation, Inc. in supporting its program of work.
2. To promote activities to benefit the March of Dimes.
STATUS: In progress. Developing ways to form a committee to connect members across the state.
LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT GOALS
1. To provide team building and orientation programs for state officers preceding the State Executive Council meeting.
STATUS: Completed. Had the Professional-Division Foundation, Inc. President conduct a workshop on communication.
2. To sponsor a Fall Leadership Development Conference to assist chapters and provide training and information on leadership, business, and state/national projects; goal of 100% of active chapters attending.
STATUS: In progress. Working on training materials and having presenters preform workshops to help members across the state.
3. To increase community service activities.
4. To invite a speaker at FLDC and SLC who was a former PBL member to encourage PBL members.
1. To provide an updated electronic copy of the State Handbook on the Web site by September 1.
STATUS: Completed. Handbook was posted September 1.
2. To provide an area on the Web site for chapters to post chapter news.
3. To update and maintain the state chapter Web site with officer assistance.
4. To maintain the NCPBL Facebook site.
5. To produce a synopsis of goals on the state Web site with status updates.
AWARDS PROGRAM GOALS
1. To sponsor the Terry Lowrance Leadership Award to recognize chapters that complete state/national projects and goals.
2. To promote participation in the Career and Membership Achievement Program (CMAP); goal of 20 members obtaining a CMAP level.
3. To provide a CMAP Chapter of the Year Award that will be based on a point system.
1. To provide chapters with a chronological list of all PBL dates and due dates for meetings and activities.
2. To promote and encourage NCPBLs level of participation at national conferences.
3. To sponsor Fall Kick-Off and Winter Tip-Off meetings for local chapter officers and advisers; goal of 100% of active chapters attending.
4. To sponsor a State Leadership Conference to administer the State Awards Program, elect officers, and provide leadership training; goal of 100% of active chapters participating.